Blueberry, banana smoothie
This smoothie is nutritious and delicious, containing vitamin C, omega 3's and protein.
Flaxseeds and chia seeds are both rich in the omega-3 fatty acids and fibre. Both these superfoods can be used to improve blood sugar control, digestive health and relieve constipation. Constipation is a common complaint during pregnancy affecting as many as 50% of women.
There is nothing I dislike more than scrolling through an essay just to find a recipe! So here it is for you:
- Handful of large ice cubes
- 3 tbs golden flaxseed meal
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- 2 cups of milk (I use my home made oat milk- recipe coming soon!)
- 1 scoop Maternally Happy Vanilla Bean Collagen
- ¼ cup organic frozen blueberries
- 1 frozen banana