My famous crunchy nut mix
Organic granola from a specialty store is delicious but some of their pricing is not! And so I decided to create my own home-made crunchy nut mix! It is a family favourite and usually goes within a day!
My partner takes them to work and a few of his colleagues have even asked for the recipe and then made them for me (so lovely).
Packed with omega 3 and protein, they are perfect for a sweet snack or to sprinkle over your breakfast in the morning.
- 2 cups of organic mixed nuts
- ½ cup of goji berries
- ½ cup of organic oats
- ½ cup of organic desiccated coconut
- ½ cup of peanut butter
- 4 scoops of Maternally Happy collagen (vanilla or unflavoured works well)
- 1 tbs of chia seeds
- 1/3 cup organic rice malt syrup
- 1 tbs of molasses
- Pre-heat oven to 150 degrees celsius
- Chop nuts roughly (rustic look is fine)
- Combine dry ingredients in bowl
- Add wet ingredients- peanut butter, rice malt syrup and molasses
- Mix with a wooden spoon until all the ingredients stick together add more rice malt syrup if need be.
- Line oven tray with baking paper
- Spread mixture evenly on tray
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Allow to cool for 2 hours- this makes it crunchy and chewy