Healthy choc, almond, coconut slice
If you're looking for a delicious slice that could turn from a snack into a meal, this is the one for you! It is one of my all time favourite chocolate-y treats as they are easy to make and nutritious.
It contains almond flour so is gluten-free, which makes it a great option for those with celiac disease or a wheat intolerance. It is incredibly nutritious and provides many potential health benefits, including a reduced risk of heart disease and improved blood sugar control.
This recipe is from Well Nourished, I just add collagen!
- 300g of almond meal (2½ cups firmly packed)
- 80g desiccated coconut (1 cup approx). Shredded coconut is also fine
- ½ cup nut butter (I like ABC nut spread for this recipe) ABC butter for those of you that don't know is almond, brazil nut, cashew spread!
- 4 scoops of Maternally Happy Unflavoured Collagen
- 4 tbs organic rice malt syrup, honey or maple syrup - adjust the amount to make these more, or less sweet to suit your taste
- ½ cup organic coconut oil
- 1 tbs vanilla bean essence
- 1 tbs of organic coconut flour
- 80g dark chocolate -melted (I use loving earth dark chocolate- it is dairy free). It is probably safe to buy 2 blocks in case you like to snack like me!
- Mix all ingredients (except the chocolate) together in a food processor until well combined and forming a rough paste. Thermomix 30 seconds, speed 4. Or just stir to combine in large bowl! No equipment is needed, trust me, I have tried!
- Pour into a slice tin lined with baking paper.
- Refrigerate until set (about an hour).
- Once set, melt the chocolate in a bowl placed over a pot of simmering water, stirring continually. Spread evenly with a spatula over the almond mix and refrigerate again until the chocolate is just set (10 minutes).
- Remove from the tin and slice into small bars.
- Remember to keep these in the fridge or freezer. As with any raw coconut oil based product, they'll melt if not kept cold!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
To visit the Well Nourished recipe follow the link below: