Vanilla, cinnamon smoothie
This is a beautifully rich and creamy smoothie to have for breakfast, lunch, dinner or just because!
Interesting fact about cinnamon: A randomised controlled clinical trial found that cinnamon supplementation improves menstrual cyclicity and may be an effective treatment option for some women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). The underlying mechanism for cinnamon effects on PCOS may contribute to its improvement in insulin sensitivity. Collagen also improves your insulin sensitivity. This smoothie will work wonders for women with PCOS and even gestational diabetes due to being in a state of insulin resistance!
- Handful of large ice cubes
- ½ cup Nakula probiotic yoghurt (can be found at Safeway)
- 1-2 tsp of honey (can use rice malt-syrup instead or completely emit)
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups of oat milk (or any milk)
- 1 scoop Maternally Happy Vanilla Bean Collagen
- Blend and top with cinnamon