10 Ways To Improve Your Postpartum Skin Care Regime
We are a big believer in taking care of your skin from the inside-out. This includes incorporating a wide variety of nutrients into your diet, drinking plenty of water and using a gentle, fragrance-free topical cream to help nourish your skin with changes in the weather (if you're in Melbourne you will know all about this!)
Below are a few of my top tips for happy, healthy skin:
- Incorporate good fats- salmon, avocado, chia seeds, walnuts, nut butters you name it! These should be included with each meal.
- Drink 2-3L of water, daily (2L is a good start).
- Eat the rainbow 🌈 incorporate plenty of different whole-foods. An easy way to achieve this at the start of the day is with a smoothie!
- Have 1-2 servings of Maternally Happy collagen daily. We have added in the vitamin C for you in the form of certified organic superfoods so you don't have to worry about absorption. Research suggests collagen supplementation can increase skin hydration and moisture levels, improve skin elasticity and the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, hyper-pigmentation, breakouts, and texture changes to the face.
- Slip, slop, slap! Protecting your skin is crucial, be mindful that this barrier from the sun can also prevent vitamin D from being absorbed by our body! Keep an eye on your levels especially if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Choose a natural skin care product which is free from nasties eg. fragrance, parabens, phthalates, to name a few.
- Use a gentle cleanser every-night and moisturise!
- Invest in a silk pillow case and wash your face every night.
- Exfoliate once a week.
- Try to manage stress, this is a particularly hard one especially in this current climate. Try to do something for yourself once a day, whether that be reading a book, meditation, some gentle stretches. Try to have a good sleep routine.