Vitamin D Supplement Guide
Do you feel overwhelmed or confused when looking for a high quality vitamin D supplement? Then this guide is for you.
This Vitamin D Supplement Guide provides comprehensive, evidence based information on the health benefits of vitamin D for pregnant and postpartum women. Learn about supplement recommendations and make informed decisions for optimal nutrition.
Research suggests as many as 50-90% of pregnant women are deficient in vitamin D. This is further depleted during pregnancy and postpartum where requirements increase significantly.
This guide contains all the necessary information, including:
- Introduction to vitamin D
- The importance of vitamin D in pregnancy and postpartum
- Testing vitamin D
- Determining dosage
- Benefits of vitamin D supplementation for mother and baby
- Risks of deficiency for mother and baby
- Importance of supplement quality
- Supplement considerations e.g who may find supplementation beneficial
- Recommended daily intake during pregnancy and postpartum
- Vitamin D supplement recommendations - including a plant based source for those who are vegan or vegetarian
- As we know, sun is most optimal for vitamin D but I also provide food sources too